On this day trip, you will hike on the Marangu Route up to Mandara Hut for lunch. You will NOT reach the summit.
Itinerary in Brief
- DAY 1: Hike to Mandara Hut and back to park gate
- Trekking on the slopes of the highest mountain in Africa
- Locations: Kilimanjaro
- Activities: Mountain Trekking
Day 1 : Hike to Mandara Hut and back to park gate
Visiting: Moshi to Kilimanjaro
After breakfast at your hotel, you will meet your guide, drive to the Kilimanjaro National Park Gate (about 1 hour), register and commence the climb.
Walk through the rainforest to the Mandara encampment. A side trip to Maundi Crater is a good way to see the surroundings including Northern Tanzania and Kenya. In the rainforest, look for towering Eucalyptus trees, bird life, and Colobus monkeys.
After lunch, hike back to park gate and drive back to Moshi.
- Elevation: 1860m/6100ft to 2700m/8875ft
- Distance: 8km/5mi
- Hiking Time: 3-4 hours up / 2-3 hours down
- Habitat: Montane Forest
- Meals: L
Prices Valid for Trips through December 31, 2015
|# People in Group:||2-3||4-6||7+|
|Price per Person:||$225||$195||$165|